Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My First Post!

Hi there! My name is Tracy, and I am completely new to the whole "blog world". By accident, I stumbled upon my first food/fitness blog (Carrots n' Cake) while googling heathy recipes. One blogroll lead to another, and I found myself frequently browsing numerous different health/food blogs. What I love most about my little "blog world" discovery is that I can identify with so many people, and it feels wonderful to see so many others out there with the same passion for health, nutrition, and fitness.

I underwent my own weightloss journey towards the end of high school, and I am finally where I want to be. However, recently, I have completely switched my food philosphy from "diet foods" so to speak - splenda, low calorie, etc. - and calorie counting, to eating whole, unprocessed, and natural foods and listening to my body's hunger cues. It's definitely been an entirely different experince with many struggles, but I have to say, I'm highly enjoying it.

I am an avid runner, and I love spinning, being active, playing sports, cooking, and all of that good stuff. Like everyone else, I face challenges every day with making healthy choices, switching up my routines, and battling my inner dessert-loving demons :) I plan on using this blog to not only share my own thoughts, ideas, and pictures, but to learn as much as I can from all of you. Alright, now before this gets ridiculously long and boring, I'm going to end my first post...

2 comments:

  1. I found my first blog just like you did, looking for some good recipes last year and have been obsessively reading ever since! I finally decided to start my own too, to track my Team In Training progress......

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for whole, unprocessed foods!! :) Welcome to the blogging world ... I've found so many wonderful blogs out there that are great examples of eating healthy! I look forward to what's to come for you :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete