Monday, August 10, 2009

Feed, Burp, and Sleep...

Well, that's what my little cousin Carter (3 months old) does...

I had a busssssy day today. I started off with a nice 40 minute spin session followed by some ab work. Since I am finished with my internship, I offered to help my aunt out with babysitting her new born since she had to go back to work. I have a HUGE family - my mom is Korean, my dad is Serbian - but my mom's side of the family all lives on my street, literally. I have about 18 cousins, and 12 of them live within walking distance of my house. Needless to say, I spent my day feeding, burping, and changing diapers, but I loved it ;) Anyway, let's get on with today's eats, shall we?

Breakfast was a big purple monster with the following add-ins:

-Spinach, frozen berries and bananas, scoop of amazing grass chocolate infusion, light vanilla Silk, cinnamon, agave nectar, crushed ice, and brown rice protein powder... in the end, it looked something like this...


Supplemented with half a piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel toast with almond butter, slivered almonds, and mejool dates... (I ate the other half in the early am as a pre-work out snack). I'm pretty sure I ate my breakfast in 3 minutes max since I was running late to baby-sit. Let's just say, don't attempt that at home - big purple monsters do not sit well when sucked down too quickly...

My Aunt's house isn't exactly known to carry too many "whole foods", so I packed my lunch and a few snacks for the afternoon. Lunch included leftover grilled salmon and "everything salad" with natural blue cheese dressing, and half of a grilled sweet potato. I looove sweet potatoes... have you ever tried them with almond butter?? DELICIOUS. I also had a non-pictured Lara Bar for a snack.




And unfortunately, I did not document dinner. I know, I know, I need to get into the blogging habit haha... but after all of that baby-watchin', I was so hungry, I scarfed down my dinner way too fast. But just for fun, I had a TJ's whole wheat pita with a grilled eggplant and zucchini omelet, fresh salsa, and a side of honeydew...

Well, I did a little better today, didn't I? Maybe tomorrow I'll get all three meals plus snacks documented ;) Hope you have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. I"ve never tried sweet potatoes with almond butter. I've never been a big fan of sweet potatoes, but I do LOVE almond butter! I'll have to try it - thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete