Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Day InThe Cube...

Good morning everyone! I hope your day is going well. I'm actually blogging from my cubicle at work. I'm finishing up my 3rd and last summer internship at a financial corporation. I can't believe I'll have to actually find a full-time job after graduation (I'll be finishing up my senior year of college this year) Good thing I have NO idea what I want to do with my life... but that's another whole can of worms. Anyway, I'll be posting all of my "eats" of the day later on in the evening when I have access to my own computer. Just wanted to shout a quick hello and see how everyone was doing...
As promised, here are the eats of the day...
For breakfast, I've been blending up giant green monsters... Unfortunately, I was running late to catch the bus this morning and didn't have a chance to take a picture before I sloshed it into my thermos, but it had frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, light vanilla soy milk, brown rice protein powder, a scoop of amazing grass chocolate infusion, cinnamon, a little agave nectar, and ice... Of course, I supplemented with a Pecan Pie Larabar...

Lunch was a organic peppered turkey sandwich on a trader joe's whole wheat pita... the in mix: asparagus, romaine lettuce, honey mustard, and a hunk of tomato. As you can see, my little pita didn't quite hold up against the fillings (I tend to overstuff my sammies). Carrots and a fresh nectarine on the side... unfortunately, I ate some of both before I realized that I didnt snap a pic.



And finally... dinahhh.... This is an example of what I call my "everything salad" (You'll be seeing a lot of these on this blog). I basically go home, raid my kitchen, and shove everything possibly imaginable into a bowl and nosh. This one has romaine, yellow zuchinni, blueberries, cherries, asparagus, roasted red peppers, beets, bell peppers, slivered almonds, and some more organic turkey because I didn't feel like cooking tonight (even though I love it)... blame it on the day job ;)



Throughout the day, I also snacked on some raw nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts), and a couple ginger chews (love these... way too addicting), but for the most part, what is pictured is what was sucked down. I'm one of those type A personalities who wakes up at 5:00 am before work to get a good sweat session in, but unfortunately, I slept in today :( I literally can't wait to get a workout in tomorrow - is anyone else like that? Anyway, hope everyone had a great day - I'll see you in the am!


1 comment:

  1. I tend to do the same thing with salads - though I"m not always too creative. Plus, I work at night, so I have to make dinner at breakfast time - kinda makes it tough to 'cook' a meal :)

    ReplyDelete